As someone with an Intuitive Thinking style, you like to solve problems logically, considering different options until you discover the best solution. About 12% of the population has this style.
The Intuitive Thinking learner values:
- Experiencing competence (in self and others).
- Inventing tools.
- Finding patterns.
- Being able to know, control, predict, and explain.
When learning, the Intuitive Thinking learner prefers:
- Making connections in a reasonable and logical way.
- Working alone in an unstructured environment.
- Asking and answering "why" questions.
- Examining the big picture.
- Listening to lectures.
- Responding to Socratic questioning.
- Gathering and analyzing facts.
Learning Online and Your Intuitive Thinking Style
You probably enjoy working alone in an unstructured environment; therefore, online learning is a good match for your style if you can determine when and how often you work online. Additionally, online courses that allow you to gather and analyze facts and then make logical connections also match your style.
- Read the research, data, and expert opinions that may be available for your online course.
- Create an unstructured environment working online when you want to.
- Avoid unnecessary drill and repetitive processes.
- If you have technical difficulties, you may be most comfortable experimenting with a variety of solutions until you find one that works.
More Key Information
- Sensory Styles
- Perceptual and Organizational Styles
- Personality (Temperament) Styles